Butternut squash and chickpea stew
This is a beautiful ‘throw it all in stew’. I used my Le Cresuet casserole dish but you could also add it to your slow cooker and come home to a wonderful smelling house for a beautiful healthy, warming stew full of goodness.
1 butternut squash, chopped into small chunks
1 courgette, sliced
1 pepper, roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp quinoa
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can chopped tomatoes
200ml veggie stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp crushed chilli
1 tsp turmeric
Pink him. salt
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a large crock pot and throw in your onion and garlic. Let this soften.
- Add the chopped butternut squash, pepper and courgette.
- Add all the herbs and spices and fresh coriander
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tin of chickpeas, quinoa and vegetable stock. Bring it all to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer with the lid on for 30-40minutes.
- Enjoy with some mashed avocado and broccoli or just add to a bowl and snuggle up with a blanket.