Celery, potato and leek soup
This is such a beautiful warming winter soup.
1 onion chopped roughly
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 leek trimmed and chopped
1 medium potato peeled and chopped into chunks
5 celery stalks trimmed and chopped
700mg gluten free veg stock
Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
1. Add a generous amount of butter to your pan, and add the onion and garlic and occasionally stir.
2. After 5 minutes add the rest of your veggies and let them soften.
3. Add the stock and salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then let it simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Leave to cool slightly and then liquidise.
5. Serve and enjoy.
Butternut Squash Soup
I hope you all enjoy this beautiful Butternut squash autumnal soup, it’s lovely and thick and perfect to be cuddled up next to the fire hiding from that cold outside.
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk of celery – chopped
3 cloves of garlic – crushed
1 carrot – chopped
2 medium potatoes – cubed
1 butternut squash – peeled, de-seeded and cubed
500ml chicken stock or broth
Salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a large pot, add the onion and garlic and brown off.
2. Add the other vegetables, celery, carrot, butternut squash and potatoes for 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock and season, bring to the boil.
4. Leave it on a simmer and place the lid on the top.
5. Set the timer for 4o minutes until all vegetables are tender.
6. Blend with a hand blender.
7. Serve with pumpkin seeds for added protein.
This is actually my Grandads recipe but it’s such a simple easy soup to make, full of nutrients and a firm favourite with my friends and family because its so yummy. Make it and take it to work in a flask for a few days, have it with a handful of nuts for added protein or a dollop of hummus (trust me).
2 medium courgette, slices into small sticks
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large onion, chopped roughly
1 ¼ pint vegetable stock (Kallo – gluten free stock cube)
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the crushed garlic and onion. Fry for 5 minutes on a medium heat
2. Add in the courgette sticks and leave to soften (stir occasionally)
3. Add the vegetable stock, salt & pepper & cook for 30 minutes on a low heat
4. Blend with a hand blender
5. Heat again & serve