I hope you all enjoy this beautiful Butternut squash autumnal soup, it’s lovely and thick and perfect to be cuddled up next to the fire hiding from that cold outside.
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk of celery – chopped
3 cloves of garlic – crushed
1 carrot – chopped
2 medium potatoes – cubed
1 butternut squash – peeled, de-seeded and cubed
500ml chicken stock or broth
Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot, add the onion and garlic and brown off.
- Add the other vegetables, celery, carrot, butternut squash and potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and season, bring to the boil.
- Leave it on a simmer and place the lid on the top.
- Set the timer for 4o minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds for added protein.